MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT
BURLINGTON NORTHERN RAILROAD
UNITED TRANSPORTATION UNION
The following constitutes an agreement between the Burlington Northern Railroad Company and the United Transportation Union with regard to filling switchman vacancies in Cicero Yard by using employees assigned to the Freight Brakemen’s and/or Yardmen’s Extra Lists at Eola, Illinois.
1. It is understood from the agreement dated July 30,
1974, which extended seniority rights of Chicago Seniority District Yardmen and Switch tenders and Aurora Seniority District yardmen and trainmen, that employees from the Freight Brakemen’s and Yardmen’s Extra Lists at Eola, Illinois, may be required to, perform service in Cicero Yard if the extra board at Cicero Is exhausted.
SUBURBAN TRAIN SERVICE TRANSPORTATION
2. If the employee called utilizes Suburban Train Service, he/she will be paid on a continuous time basis from the departure time, at Aurora, of the first train that leaves Aurora in time to arrive at Cicero before, but closest to, the on duty time of the assignment called for, and until the arrival time, at Aurora, of the first available train that departs Cicero after the tie—up time of the assignment called for.
The first available train to depart Cicero after the tie—up time of the assignment called for, is understood to mean the first train that departs Cicero at least twenty (20) minutes after the assignment worked ties up.
If the above called employee utilizes Suburban Train Service, and the assignment worked ties up at a time after the last train to Aurora for that day, and before one hour and thirty minutes prior to the Cicero departure time of the first westbound suburban train of the next day, If the carrier immediately (within 30 minutes of off duty time) arranges for alternate off— track transportation to Aurora, the employee will be compensated per the off—track transportation provisions of this agreement.
OFF-TRACK VEHICLE SERVICE
3. If the employee called utilizes off-track vehicle service, be it taxi, carrier operated, or personal automobile, he/she will be paid one (1) additional hour for each direction traveled.
RATE OF PAY FOR TRAVEL
4. Payment will be made at the rate of the service the employee is called for (Yard Foreman or Helper etc.). If the time worked by the assignment and the appropriate travel time is in excess of eight (8) hours, that portion in excess of eight (8) hours will be paid at the punitive rate.
PERSONAL AUTO ALLOWANCE
5. If the employee called drives his/her personal automobile, he/she will be reimbursed at the current applicable mileage rate for twenty eight (28) rail miles in each direction (a total of 56 miles for a round trip).
APPLICATION OF THE FEDERAL HOURS OF SERVICE ACT
6. Compensated time for travel to the duty assignment will be applied against the allowable number of hours provided for in the Federal Hours of Service Act. Compensated time for travel from the duty assignment will not be applied against said allowable hours, but the employee’s rest will not begin until the appropriate arrival time at Aurora/Eola, be it by train or off—track vehicle.
This agreement will become effective on April 15th 1990 and will remain In effect subject to automatic cancellation by serving of twenty (20) days’ written notice by one party upon the other.
Signed at Cicero, Illinois, this 9th day April of 1990
R.J. Daurer (signature)
Local Chairman, Local 171
G. D. Hitz (signature J. Dressler
General Chairman For the Carrier